Rosaforte attended a fundraiser for Brandt Snedeker’s charity in Memphis this weekend. The 2012 FedExCup Champion had the 2011 FedExCup Champion Bill Haas in attendance and they both did great work in raising money for great causes. Speaking to Snedeker, Rosaforte found out that after the U.S. loss at Medinah, Tiger Woods spoke to all of the U.S. rookies privately and apologized to them for not winning enough points. The Ryder Cup was a great experience for Snedeker but it was difficult not winning his Singles match against Paul Lawrie and not being able to win the Ryder Cup for Captain Davis Love III. Love III is someone that Snedeker admires a great deal which made the loss even harder.
Chubby Chandler of ISM has organized a big match play event in Turkey this week which features 8 of the best players in the world including Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy. The event goes up against the Frys.com Open on the PGA TOUR and the Portugal Masters on the European Tour which does not make officials on the PGA TOUR or the European Tour very happy. Chandler spoke with John Fry, who is the head of the company that sponsors this week’s PGA TOUR event, and apparently there are no hard feelings between the two men over the scheduling of the event in Turkey.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae