Todd Lewis is the reporter for Golf Central this week from the Franklin Templeton Shootout in Naples, Florida. Keegan Bradley and Brendan Steele are leading but the story of the week is the possibility of Mark Calcavecchia and Nick Price becoming the first Champions Tour duo to win the Franklin Templeton Shootout and because of that, they are the sentimental favorite in the eyes of many to win.
Watching the team of Anthony Kim and Webb Simpson has been fun for a lot of fans because their personalities and styles of play are so different and what makes it even better is the fact that both of them are playing up their differences for the benefit of the fans.
2-time Champion Kenny Perry is someone who really enjoys this event. He is a long hitter and he enjoys serving as a mentor to younger players and is playing that role this week with his teammate Scott Stallings. Stallings has actually motivated Perry to be a more positive player this week and both have had a great time.
Building up to this week, the feeling among a lot of players is that while Luke Donald is not as intimidating as Tiger Woods, everyone knows that they have to go up against the most consistent player in the world when he is in the field. Donald is well-respected among his peers on both the PGA TOUR and European Tour and his accomplishment today has the respect and admiration of golfers on both tours.
His prediction to win today is the team of Keegan Bradley and Brendan Steele because they have a great friendship and they really enjoy playing together as well as the fact they are leading after 36 holes and both want a win real bad to close 2011.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots