Todd Lewis is reporting for Golf Channel’s Live From coverage of The Presidents Cup at Royal Melbourne. The buzz around the Woods/Stricker loss is that while Scott & Choi played excellent golf, Woods and Stricker struggled early and fell behind early because they were ending up on the wrong side of the hole more often than they were on the right side of the hole. His gut feeling is that Stricker is still bothered a bit by his neck injury and the hard surfaces at Royal Melbourne makes the injury even worse and the fact that he is rusty does not help either.
Baddeley and Day were gutted by their halve as he saw Aaron Baddeley walk off the 18th green with tears in their eyes and both players had entered the week playing well. Greg Norman will have some coaching to do because he needs both of them to play great and to putt great if the International team is going to win.
The International team has historically had to play catch-up after day one because the U.S. more often than not gets off to a hot start. You cannot necessarily lose on Day One but the International team is not feeling too good starting Day Two down two points when they could have easily been tied.
Weather has forced the Presidents Cup to move tee times up two hours and he expects the International team to bounce back in a significant way on Day Two. The golf course requires experience to play well in most cases and the International team has five Australians. Norman’s team will also be incredibly motivated as they will start two points behind and may benefit from being able to play their own ball in the Four-Ball format.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose