Tom Lawrence is the Executive Director of The First Tee of Central Florida. August 1st marks Lawrence’s first day as the Executive Director and he said that he is leading an effort to, among other things, figure out how The First Tee can impact the most people across the Central Florida area. The First Tee has done a great job of providing many different ways to introduce kids to the game of golf and also provide those kids who are very interested in golf a safe place to practice and develop their ability in the game.
Lawrence said that The First Tee not only teaches kids how to play golf but also teaches them life lessons and core values that will help them throughout all of the areas of their lives. He hopes that some of the professional golfers who call Central Florida home will lend their assistance to The First Tee and he is thrilled about what Annika Sorenstam has already done to help the new Central Florida chapter.
Tags: The First Tee
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Wind howling at Nelson | LPGA Mobile
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile Bay; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play