Tom Vlach is the GCSAA Course Superintendent at TPC Sawgrass. He and his team are very pleased to showcase TPC Sawgrass this week and the PGA TOUR as well as all who play there take great pride in having the best players in the world competing on the Stadium Course.
Changes were made to five greens after the 2011 PLAYERS and while there is no overwhelming favorite change, players in general are very pleased with the changes and they feel that the Stadium Course offers a very fair test. It is the job of the Superintendent and his crew to provide a golf course that is in great shape and is a fair test.
They use growth regulators and limited amounts of water on the greens to create firm and fast conditions that will provide a challenge to the players in the field this week. While television may make the greens appear to look a bit strange, Vlach assures everyone that the greens are completely healthy and in fact have never been healthier.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- LPGA SCORING: C. Choi up by 1; Lewis 4 back
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process