Dancing with the Stars instructor and former Morning Drive co-host Tony Dovolani is in Washington, D.C. for the AT&T National. He loves to watch the best players in the world and watching Tiger Woods today, he looks very strong and very in-tune with his swing. He seems to know exactly what he wants to do with his swing. Dovolani is also very impressed with Hunter Mahan after watching him practice this morning. Mahan was hitting ball after ball with the same consistent motion and rhythm and Dovolani thinks that Mahan is definitely a contender to win this week at Congressional.
He is very happy to see more golfers hitting the gym and treating golf as the sport that it is. There are some players who are a bit on the heavy side but if you want to maintain a consistent career on the course, you have to improve your fitness because it will eventually catch up with you.
He enjoys Frank Nobilo’s commentary and the only advice he would give Frank is to smile more because he has a great smile to go with his great commentary. He also added that he hoped Frank would give him more lessons on the golf course.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- LPGA SCORING: C. Choi up by 1; Lewis 4 back
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process