- Lefty is Long
Phil Mickelson's Monday Night Football debut seemed to pump him up a bit too much. He hit a 100-yard shot for charity about 10 yards past the target. Mickelson raised $50,000 for 20,000 books for children.
- Rest for Rory
ESPN UK reports World Number 1 Rory McIlroy will reduce his schedule to play a maximum of 22 or 23 events in 2013. McIlroy has already played 22 official events this year including the Ryder Cup and still has 4 more on his schedule.
- Crane's Back
Ben Crane is back in the field this week to defend his title in The McGladrey Classic. Crane took 5 weeks off to rest an ailing lower back.
- Charl in Charge
2011 Masters Champion Charl Schwartzel headlines the field in the European Tour's inaugural ISPS HANDA Perth International. It will be the most lucrative golf tournament in Australia this year.
- Student Loan Struggles
- Amazon Hiring 50,000 Seasonal Workers
- New Starbucks Verismo
7:12a ET: Bertha Coombs, CNBC Business Report
7:15a ET: Dan Hicks, Golf Channel on NBC Host
7:30a ET: Meghan Stasi, 2012 U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur Champion
7:45a ET: Rex Hoggard, GolfChannel.com Senior Writer
8:15a ET: Shawn Stefani, 2012 Miccosukee Champion
8:30a ET: Fred Funk, 2012 Greater Hickory Classic Champion
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
“The Rising” by Bruce Springsteen
“The Voice” by The Moody Blues
“Runnin’ Down a Dream” by Tom Petty
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com weekdays at 7AM ET
Wednesday, October 17
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path