- Turkish Delight
Golf on Tuesday! Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy are two of the eight elite players competing in the inaugural Turkish Airlines World Golf Final. On Tuesday and Wednesday, the players compete in two groups of four in a Round Robin format. The winner and runner-up from both groups then advance to the semifinals which take place Thursday. The final is scheduled for Friday.
- Venturi In
Nominated in the Lifetime Achievement Category, 1964 U.S. Open Champion Ken Venturi will be inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame next May. Venturi won 14 times on the PGA TOUR and was Lead Golf Analyst for CBS Sports for 35 years.
- The "Re-Match"
Bubba Watson and Rickie Fowler will square off against Nick Watney and Davis Love III today at Cypress Point to recreate a 1956 contest called "The Match" which pitted Ben Hogan and Byron Nelson against amateurs Ken Venturi and Harvie Ward. The event is a thank you for some of the biggest donors to The First Tee.
- The First Tee
The First Tee announced it surpassed its goal to raise $100 million to its campaign to reach 10 million young people. The initiative's goal is to influence 10 million new children between 2011 and 2017.
- American Airlines Responds to Flight Delays
- Companies Cash In on Presidential Election
- Facebook Testing New Retail “Want” Button
7:12a ET: Courtney Reagan, CNBC Business Report
7:15 & 8:15a ET: Tim Rosaforte, Golf World Senior Writer
7:20a ET: Paul Simson, 2012 USGA Senior Amateur Champion
7:35a ET: David Lingmerth, 2012 Neediest Kids Champion
7:45a ET: Rex Hoggard, GolfChannel.com Senior Writer
8:30a ET: Bernhard Langer, 2012 SAS Champion
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
“I’m Just a Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band)” by The Moody Blues
“Corduroy” by Pearl Jam
“Begin the Begin” by R.E.M.
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com weekdays at 7AM ET
Wednesday, October 10
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Palmer fires 62, grabs early Colonial lead | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory| Scores
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation