He is trying to help the military through the game of golf by working with Dan Rooney and the Folds of Honor Foundation. His passion for golf is equal to his passion for music and he loves being able to help people through both. A scratch player most of his life, Gill said that it is not hard to shoot four or five under when you are with friends but everything changes when you are inside the ropes with the best players in the world in front of an audience. He has tried to qualify for the U.S. Senior Open and he has gotten closer to qualifying more recently which is exciting. Loren Roberts is a frequent playing partner and Roberts jokes that Gill always wins when they play together. He feels that the world of golf needs Rory McIlroy to succeed because he has a lot of talent and firepower and the fact that he is dating the #1 Women’s Tennis Player helps as well. Brandt Snedeker is a pal of his and is another example of a younger player who can really help the game of golf if they play well and win the big tournaments. It was very tough to see Oklahoma lose last weekend but he is still optimistic that the Sooners can achieve a lot this season despite that loss.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae