"This is my first taste of major championship glory and I want to get some more of it." – Rory McIlroy, to the Golf Channel's Steve Sands just after winning his first major championship at the tender age of 22.
"Rory is a very, very talented young man. I love his little moxie, sorta the way he walks, sorta like he is cocksure about himself. I kinda like that in a guy.” – Jack Nicklaus, calling in on NBC’s telecast late Sunday afternoon to offer his thoughts on McIlroy.
"Rory, Rory Hallelujah!" – Members of the Holywood Golf Club, the course McIlroy grew up on in Northern Ireland, in the celebration that ensued following his victory.
"I think there is a new sheriff in town." – Paul Goydos, in a tweet about McIlroy.
"He's the best player I've ever seen." – Graeme McDowell, a fellow Northern Irsihman, giving the ultimate compliment to his fellow countryman and friend McIlroy.
"He just said, ‘Well, it happened,' and he sort of got on with it … and the results are showing." – Masters champion Charl Schwartzel, talking about how McIlroy handled his meltdown in the final round at Augusta.
"You can't beat a guy that has gone out and played as well as he has. Golf, right now, is in a really, really good spot where Rory McIlroy is right now." – Jason Day, who has now finished runner-up in the year's first two majors, on McIlroy's impressive win.
"It was definitely great to have him [his father Gerry] here and great to give this trophy to him as a Father's Day gift." – Rory again, in a shout out to his father Gerry, who was on hand to see his son win his first major title.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae