"Why would they do that? The whole thing was meant to be fun." - Steve Williams, after his comments aimed at Tiger Woods at an award function were leaked to the press.
"It's a regrettable comment, and there's really nothing that Tiger can do or say. He's just going to move on." - Mark Steinberg, Tiger Woods' agent, on his reaction to the controversy.
"It has cost twice as much and taken twice as long as I thought. It becomes expensive, not only on your house but also on your time." - Ian Poutler, talking about how building a new house in Orlando has possibly taken away from his performance on the golf course.
"It was an OK year. But now it’s a good year." - Martin Kaymer, after firing a final-round 63 to capture the HSBC Champions event in Shanghai.
"For four years, Chubby was the best guy and ISM were fantastic for me, but sometimes to progress you need to have a fresh view on things." - Rory McIlroy, on his recent departure from Chubby Chandler's sports management team, ISM.
"We shared a laugh and a couple of jokes, had a chat and were fine, just like I knew we would be. I wish Rory nothing but the best." - Chubby Chandler, on making nice with young McIlroy.
"With the NBA labor situation unsettled ... I feel it is necessary that I remain in the country." - Michael Jordan, on having to bow out as an assistant captain for Fred Couples for the upcoming Presidents Cup.
"And to think that a year ago, I was just graduating from the Nationwide Tour. It’s pretty special." - Bradley again, on the year that followed his Nationwide Tour stint, one in which saw him win a regular season PGA Tour event and the PGA Championship in Atlanta.
"It’s kind of the story of my whole career." - Mark Calcavecchia, after finishing second at the Charles Schwab Cup Championship.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path