"I think this is a new start for him. Not a comeback. Not a cameo. This is a new start in the rest of his career." – Sean Foley, on Tiger Woods’ appearance at this week’s Frys.com Open.
"I've done all the legwork. Now it's time to play." – Tiger Woods, ready to tee it up on Tour for only the ninth time in 2011 at the Frys."It feels great to have the first win." – Rickie Fowler, after notching his first professional victory at the Korea Open.
"Because he's Tiger Woods. It's a no-brainer, isn't it?" – Joe LaCava, on his decision to leave Dustin Johnson’s bag and become the Woods’ full-time looper.
“Winning is a pretty important component, but I’ve seen it change with increased interest in his marketability without his winning yet.” – Mark Steinberg, on the marketability of Tiger Woods in light of his new endorsement deal with Rolex.
"I was kind of screwed if I didn't pull that thing off. That's why I'm sitting here." – Rocco Mediate, on winning the Frys.com Open last year which ultimately earned him a two-year exemption on Tour.
“(Three) Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head & the one that Steve built. Godspeed Steve Jobs.” – Jason Gore, in a tweet Wednesday after news broke that Apple founder Steve Jobs had passed away following a lengthy bout with pancreatic cancer at age 56.
"I want to miss Q-School as much as the rest of the guys." – Bud Cauley, who left school early from Alabama this summer because he thought he was ready for the PGA Tour. He needs to make roughly $300,000 more this year to secure his Tour card for 2012.
“It never interested me to play in America in the beginning.” – Charl Schwartzel, on how much time he committed to golf in 2011, being both full-time members of the European and PGA Tours.
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae