"I think this is a new start for him. Not a comeback. Not a cameo. This is a new start in the rest of his career." – Sean Foley, on Tiger Woods’ appearance at this week’s Frys.com Open.
"I've done all the legwork. Now it's time to play." – Tiger Woods, ready to tee it up on Tour for only the ninth time in 2011 at the Frys."It feels great to have the first win." – Rickie Fowler, after notching his first professional victory at the Korea Open.
"Because he's Tiger Woods. It's a no-brainer, isn't it?" – Joe LaCava, on his decision to leave Dustin Johnson’s bag and become the Woods’ full-time looper.
“Winning is a pretty important component, but I’ve seen it change with increased interest in his marketability without his winning yet.” – Mark Steinberg, on the marketability of Tiger Woods in light of his new endorsement deal with Rolex.
"I was kind of screwed if I didn't pull that thing off. That's why I'm sitting here." – Rocco Mediate, on winning the Frys.com Open last year which ultimately earned him a two-year exemption on Tour.
“(Three) Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head & the one that Steve built. Godspeed Steve Jobs.” – Jason Gore, in a tweet Wednesday after news broke that Apple founder Steve Jobs had passed away following a lengthy bout with pancreatic cancer at age 56.
"I want to miss Q-School as much as the rest of the guys." – Bud Cauley, who left school early from Alabama this summer because he thought he was ready for the PGA Tour. He needs to make roughly $300,000 more this year to secure his Tour card for 2012.
“It never interested me to play in America in the beginning.” – Charl Schwartzel, on how much time he committed to golf in 2011, being both full-time members of the European and PGA Tours.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- SCORING: Wind howling at Nelson | LPGA Mobile
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile Bay; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play