"I think this is a new start for him. Not a comeback. Not a cameo. This is a new start in the rest of his career." – Sean Foley, on Tiger Woods’ appearance at this week’s Frys.com Open.
"I've done all the legwork. Now it's time to play." – Tiger Woods, ready to tee it up on Tour for only the ninth time in 2011 at the Frys."It feels great to have the first win." – Rickie Fowler, after notching his first professional victory at the Korea Open.
"Because he's Tiger Woods. It's a no-brainer, isn't it?" – Joe LaCava, on his decision to leave Dustin Johnson’s bag and become the Woods’ full-time looper.
“Winning is a pretty important component, but I’ve seen it change with increased interest in his marketability without his winning yet.” – Mark Steinberg, on the marketability of Tiger Woods in light of his new endorsement deal with Rolex.
"I was kind of screwed if I didn't pull that thing off. That's why I'm sitting here." – Rocco Mediate, on winning the Frys.com Open last year which ultimately earned him a two-year exemption on Tour.
“(Three) Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head & the one that Steve built. Godspeed Steve Jobs.” – Jason Gore, in a tweet Wednesday after news broke that Apple founder Steve Jobs had passed away following a lengthy bout with pancreatic cancer at age 56.
"I want to miss Q-School as much as the rest of the guys." – Bud Cauley, who left school early from Alabama this summer because he thought he was ready for the PGA Tour. He needs to make roughly $300,000 more this year to secure his Tour card for 2012.
“It never interested me to play in America in the beginning.” – Charl Schwartzel, on how much time he committed to golf in 2011, being both full-time members of the European and PGA Tours.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots