Like School of Golf on Facebook: Join The Class
Follow School of Golf on Twitter: @SchoolofGolf
Submit Your Videos: SwingFix.com
-You should learn the game from the green back to the tee. You learn to crawl, then you learn to walk, then you learn to run. You learn small shots, then you learn bigger shots, then you learn full shots.
-It's critical to understand every shot has a target and therefore a target line. Everything you do must have a relationship to the target line.
-To really hit a controlled, pure shot you need to swing, turn, shift in the backswing then shift, turn, swing in the downswing.
-It's important to keep your grip pressure constant from start to finish.
-A good quote to remember for the full swing is "feel the force, not force the feel."
"The Touch System for Better Golf" by Bob Toski
-Crawl, Walk, Run
-Develop a Shift
Next Week’s Show
Chapter 20: Guide to Proper Practice (August 1, 2012)
-Martin will teach the five feedback friends that can help you improve quickly when practicing
-Martin will share the practice secrets of eight of golf's greatest Major Champions
-Holly Sonder will help answer viewer questions throughout the show
-Post your questions for next week on Email or Facebook
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- McDowell rises to No. 7 in OWGR; Bae 64th
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play