Like School of Golf on Facebook: Join The Class
Follow School of Golf on Twitter: @SchoolofGolf
-In regards to grip pressure, do not confuse a light grip for a loose grip. A light grip is good, a loose grip is bad.
-When strengthening or weakening your grip, do not twist your hands. Instead, open or close the club face then grip the club.
-Imagine gripping a samurai sword with the blade in your fingers. You have to make a swing without cutting your fingers. This will give you an image for the correct pressure and consistency to have.
-Interlock grip is best for control, baseball grip is best for distance and overlap is a compromise of both.
“Tiger Woods: How I Play Golf" by Stan Tiger Woods
-Work on the Grip Every Day
-Experiment with Different Putting Grips
Next Week’s Show
Chapter 10: Stick Your Approach (April 11, 2012)
Post your questions for next week on Email or Facebook
- Garcia makes controversial Woods remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth