Q: I am having some issues hitting my hybrids. I feel like I am sweeping at the ball and the result is always horrible. Any advice would be helpful. (Chris Nixt)
A: Move the ball back in your stance and make sure to take a divot.
Q: How do I stop scooping at the bottom of my swing? I play to a 10 handicap but I know I lose a lot of distance with this issue. (Steve Medeiros)
A: Make sure you put a tee 4" infront of the golf ball. When you swing through, hit both the ball and the tee.
Q: Does gripping the club tight or loose change the way you swing in anyway? (Brandon Caliswagg Pamplin)
A: Yes it does, specifically with tempo. The tigher the grip the faster, the lighter the grip the slower.
Q: How to hit a proper punch shot? (Collin Turner)
A: To hit a proper punch shot, abbreviate the backswing and the follow-through, move the ball back in your stance and keep your weight more forward at address and through the shot.
Q: I need a tip for a smooth transition from backswing to downswing. (James Donahue)
A: Take the thumb and index finger of your right hand off the grip so that it looks like a pistol and practice making sure those two fingers stay off the club. That will help synch your arms with your body.
Q: My swing is flat at the top and I have a problem with my hip turn. Any drills or tips? (Jesse Gavey)
A: Stand with your rear end up against a wall and make backswings so that the club doesn't hit the wall.
Next Week’s Show
-A look a Tiger Woods’ performance in Abu Dhabi
-Breaking down the winner of the Farmers Insurance Open
-How a golf ball is made and how it can help you
-Post your questions for next week on Email, Facebook or Twitter
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path