-To create spin on the ball, play it further back in your stance, stand a bit closer to the ball to create a steeper angle of attack, keep the face open through the impact zone and limit the club face rotation. To limit the spin, stand further away from the ball, take a fuller swing so the club face goes through the impact zone less aggressively, play the ball in the middle of your stance and rotate the club face after impact.
-Setup and good tempo are key to putting. In order to make sure your set up is correct, while standing over the ball drop another ball directly from your eye and it should land on the ball at address. If it does not adjust accordingly. For tempo, place a coin in the cavity of your putter and make some strokes. If the coin falls out of the cavity, your tempo is too quick.
-Preparation is key for any situation on the golf course. Coming down the stretch, nerves and fatigue will play a crucial role in your success or failure. Make sure you have played out every situation in your head so that when it does come down to the wire you will know exactly what to do.
Facebook Question (Blog Exclusive)
Q: I have a hard time hitting my irons and taking a divot. Any suggestions? (Josh Powers)
A: Feel like the handle of the club coming through the hit is lower and flatter than you’re accustomed to. This should help.
Next Week’s Show
-All things impact! Improve your contact using the swings of some of the greatest players in the game.
-LPGA Tour winner Sandra Gal will be in-studio to share her favorite tips
-More viewers will get a Swing Fix
-Post your questions for next week on Email, Facebook or Twitter
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae