The Golf Guy weighs in on The Players Championship
17th – For all the critics that go out of their way to come up with reasons as to why they hate the much-maligned island green at TPC Sawgrass, I have two words for you – shut your face. Amazing that the same people that complain about the same boring courses, the same boring leaderbaords and the same boring PGA Tour personalities can somehow muster up more complaints when it comes to golf’s iconic hole. Golf is a sport – entertainment. The par-3 17th is an actual treat for the fans that watch. Unlike the endless amount of non-descript par-4s that littler the rest of the Tour.
(Editor's note - Golf Guy took a 9 the one time he played the 17th - three in the water. ???
5th major – The Tour did a hell of job making everyone believe that The Players Championship was indeed the fifth major. I was gladly buying it. The TV ratings were backing it up as well. Then … well, then the World Golf Championships came into the fold.
List of champions????
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path