The Champions Tour team, made up of Perry, Jay Haas and Mark Calcavecchia, were a combined 15 under in the two-player, best-ball format that allowed each team to discard one score per hole. The group shot 8 under over the final nine holes to overtake the PGA Tour team of Boo Weekley, Gary Woodland and Jonathan Byrd, which finished at 12 under at the par-72 Rio Secco Golf Club.
The defending champion PGA Tour held a three-stroke edge over the Champions Tour, and a five-stroke lead over the LPGA after nine holes, largely due to eagles on the par-5, 516-yard eighth hole by Weekley and Woodland. Byrd also shot a 5-under 31 over the first nine holes.
Kerr keyed the LPGA attack by going 5 under over the final five holes. She eagled the 14th, birdied the 15th, parred the 16th and birdied the 17th and 18th holes. She had six birdies and eagled the par-5, 505-yard 14th.
Perry birdied four holes on the front nine and five on the back nine to go along with one bogey. He helped his team grab a two-stroke lead over the PGA Tour and LPGA after 16 holes by carding birdies on four consecutive holes (11-14).
The Champions team received $500,000, the second-place LPGA squad earned $270,000, and the third-place PGA Tour team got $230,000.
It was the seventh win for the Champions Tour in the 20 years the event has been held. The PGA Tour has eight titles, and the LPGA has five.
Bill Haas said that reports of a neck injury at last week's Arnold Palmer Invitational were blown out of proportion and that it's fine. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots