After both finished at 14-under 199 Sunday after the third and final round, Pagunsan and Fernandez-Castano teed off on the playoff hole before play was suspended for 90 minutes because of rain and the threat of lighting. The storm let up briefly, allowing players to hit one more shot before more rain stopped play again and forced the playoff into Monday.
Fernandez-Castano had started Sunday with a three-shot lead but faltered with three bogies on the back nine, allowing Pagunsan into contention.
Long rain delays on Friday and Saturday forced organizers to shorten the tournament from four rounds to three.
After several high finishes earlier this season, Spain's Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano will reportedly accept temporary member status on the PGA Tour, allowing him to accept an unlimited number of sponsor... Read More
Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, the highest-ranked player in the Q-School field, has withdrawn from the Fall Classic citing fatigue. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management