After both finished at 14-under 199 Sunday after the third and final round, Pagunsan and Fernandez-Castano teed off on the playoff hole before play was suspended for 90 minutes because of rain and the threat of lighting. The storm let up briefly, allowing players to hit one more shot before more rain stopped play again and forced the playoff into Monday.
Fernandez-Castano had started Sunday with a three-shot lead but faltered with three bogies on the back nine, allowing Pagunsan into contention.
Long rain delays on Friday and Saturday forced organizers to shorten the tournament from four rounds to three.
After several high finishes earlier this season, Spain's Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano will reportedly accept temporary member status on the PGA Tour, allowing him to accept an unlimited number of sponsor... Read More
Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, the highest-ranked player in the Q-School field, has withdrawn from the Fall Classic citing fatigue. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Byron Nelson final round
- SCORING: Bradley starts with lead | LPGA Mobile
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play