The Europeans wasted no time making a Ryder Cup statement when they arrived in matching orange pullovers Tuesday at Medinah. But their traffic cone orange tops aren't the only garbs that are going to stop us in our tracks this week.
Rumor has it – although European captain Jose Maria Olazabal will not confirm – that the European team will be wearing navy pants, navy sweaters and white polos to commemorate the late Seve Ballesteros during their singles matches on Sunday.
"I talked to Davis Love about (Ballesteros-inspired outfits) and he was very understanding of it and I will say no more at the moment," Olazabal said. "Seve is going to be there in our team in some way or form."
What they wear during their Sunday singles matches remains to be seen, but already on full display this week is a Seve emblem on each of the European team member's golf bags.
Ballesteros, who died in May last year after a long battle with cancer, captained Europe to victory in his native Spain in 1997 after playing in the Ryder Cup eight times, with an overall record of 20-12-5.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots