The good son: Lewis to pay off parents' debt
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Oct 18, 2011 9:07 AM ET
“My mum and dad built up a debt in helping fund my amateur career so I will sort them out first,” Lewis said after winning in just his third professional start.
The generous offer to pay off his parents’ debt won’t break Lewis’ bank. With the win, he now has a two-year exemption on the European Tour and has an endorsement contract with Ping.
Tags: Tom Lewis
A year after capturing his first career European Tour title, Tom Lewis has struggled to find his footing in 2012. Read More
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGA of America | USGA
- Manufacturer on anchor ban: 'Golf lost today'
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae