But her caddie’s been there before in his first and only major championship duty prior to this week.
“That was my first experience in a professional event,” Berger, 32, said.
Berger caddied summers at Oakmont and winters at Seminole. Ramsey wanted an Oakmont caddie with local knowledge and was steered to Berger. He caddied for LaCrosse in an event at Seminole this spring, and it led to a job offer. In Berger’s first tournament on LaCrosse’s bag, LaCrosse recorded an LPGA career best tie for 11th at the ShopRite Classic three weeks ago.
“Cindy doesn’t get rattled,” Berger said.
Between shots playing Saturday with Paula Creamer in front of the largest crowds she’s ever seen, LaCrosse kept loose singing Beyonce songs to Berger.
“She likes to have fun out there,” Berger said. “I like that.”
Fresh off his U.S. Open win, Justin Rose will play the first two rounds at TPC River Highlands alongside a pair of fellow major champions. Read More
- Woods pulls out of AT&T with strained elbow
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Rose's media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- No. 1-ranked amateur Williams signs with Nike
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a friend
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path