Special delivery: Pat Bradley has hug in store for nephew Keegan
- By Randall Mell
- Jun 24, 2011 10:40 AM ET
Bradley said she “went through the roof” watching Keegan win his first PGA Tour event (HP Byron Nelson Championship) last month, and though she’s spoken to him by telephone a few times since his breakthrough victory, she’s yet to see him.
“I’m going to Connecticut to deliver a hug,” said Bradley, who won 31 LPGA events.
Bradley's titles include the ’86 LPGA Championship.
“That’s the year Keegan was born,” Bradley said. “It was a special year.”
That’s the year Bradley won three of the year’s four women’s major championships. She won all but the U.S. Women’s Open, tying for fifth.
Keegan is son to Pat’s younger brother, Mark. Pat’s plan was to bring a special guest with her to see Keegan at the Travelers on Friday. She intends to bring her 87-year-old mother, Keegan’s grandmother.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Sorenstam in 'Go Annika'
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management