Special delivery: Pat Bradley has hug in store for nephew Keegan
- By Randall Mell
- Jun 24, 2011 10:40 AM ET
Bradley said she “went through the roof” watching Keegan win his first PGA Tour event (HP Byron Nelson Championship) last month, and though she’s spoken to him by telephone a few times since his breakthrough victory, she’s yet to see him.
“I’m going to Connecticut to deliver a hug,” said Bradley, who won 31 LPGA events.
Bradley's titles include the ’86 LPGA Championship.
“That’s the year Keegan was born,” Bradley said. “It was a special year.”
That’s the year Bradley won three of the year’s four women’s major championships. She won all but the U.S. Women’s Open, tying for fifth.
Keegan is son to Pat’s younger brother, Mark. Pat’s plan was to bring a special guest with her to see Keegan at the Travelers on Friday. She intends to bring her 87-year-old mother, Keegan’s grandmother.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path