Special delivery: Pat Bradley has hug in store for nephew Keegan
- By Randall Mell
- Jun 24, 2011 10:40 AM ET
Bradley said she “went through the roof” watching Keegan win his first PGA Tour event (HP Byron Nelson Championship) last month, and though she’s spoken to him by telephone a few times since his breakthrough victory, she’s yet to see him.
“I’m going to Connecticut to deliver a hug,” said Bradley, who won 31 LPGA events.
Bradley's titles include the ’86 LPGA Championship.
“That’s the year Keegan was born,” Bradley said. “It was a special year.”
That’s the year Bradley won three of the year’s four women’s major championships. She won all but the U.S. Women’s Open, tying for fifth.
Keegan is son to Pat’s younger brother, Mark. Pat’s plan was to bring a special guest with her to see Keegan at the Travelers on Friday. She intends to bring her 87-year-old mother, Keegan’s grandmother.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth