Woods ready for questions about Vonn relationship
- By Jay Coffin
- Mar 20, 2013 1:27 PM ET
ORLANDO, Fla. – Tiger Woods was ready with an answer regarding his new relationship with U.S. skier Lindsey Vonn. He knew the question was coming.
Woods, a seven-time winner of the Arnold Palmer Invitational, met with the media Wednesday at Bay Hill and the fifth question he was asked was about Vonn. Woods and Vonn both released photos and a statement via social media Monday to announce that they’re now an item and subsequently asked for privacy.
“Well, it’s very simple,” Woods said. “We’re very happy where we’re at, but also we wanted to limit the stalkarazzi and all those sleazy websites that are out there following us.
“I've had situations where it’s been very dangerous for my kids and the extent they’ll go. We basically devalued the first photos.”
"Stalkarazzi" – in case you’re having trouble deciphering the lingo – is essentially the stalking paparazzi.
Asked if he’s going to consult Rory McIlroy about what it’s like to be part of one of sport’s top power couples, Woods responded with a resounding “NO.”
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae